Monday, June 24, 2013

Tuesday Oct. 3, 2000

Dear God,

     I have a question or a few.  I have felt called to be an evangelist.  Have I fufilled my ministry in time, like "you will be an evangelist for 3 years?"  Or am I called my whole life?  Because of N.S.'s sermon on Sunday, "It won't be long now."  I wonder, what does this mean, "It won't be long now?"  It scares me, the concept.  I think that it won't e long for You to come back i.e. rapture.

     If I'm supposed to be an evangelist, why am I here?  Is the end of this year going to be the greatest harvest of souls the world has ever seen?  I feel I'm off in the corner. Out of the picture.  You have a reason for me to be here. Help me to see it, if You want me to.  Have I done anything to get kicked out of the "race," have I misinterpreted my call? Lead me and guide me Jesus, I acknowledge You in this.  "In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct Your paths."

     I have thought that America would get another revival... I feel like You gave it to me.

     I kinda figured it out.[the previous sentence literally makes me laugh now-in 2013, I have it figured out!? what?!]  O.K. three years of Bible School.  Two years of college, one year of ministry... then nuclear holocaust or something drastic.  I know this is what "man" has kinda figured out.  You have Your own time tables... I shouldn't worry God, I feel like I have so much figured out, but for real i don't...for sure.

     I give you these worries and concerns. Lead me, guide me... I acknowledge You. Cause me Jesus to stay in You.  Please give me something to know I'm still called to be an evangelist and that I'm still in the fight, even though I feel I'm on the sidelines. Thanx for listening, I love You, Jesus!  In Your name Jesus, Amen.

Is. 55:8-11

     "for my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, And my thoughts than your thoughts.

     For as the rain comes down and the snow form heaven, and do not return there, But water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seen to the sower and bread to the eater.

     So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth, it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

                                                                                                            
Peace...Through Your will

I wondered why I was where I was
I looked to you for answers and You gave me peace that I was in your will.
For you are the one who guides my way.

chorus:
Thank You Lord for guiding me
Thank You Lord for giving me peace (repeat 2x)
...through your will.

For You voiced Your will for my Life.
You promised me that Your words would be fulfilled through me
and you gave me Peace through your will

chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment